After two weeks I am back at SoCS and I can’t wait to read all the other brilliant blog posts. Please head over to Linda’s Life in Progress to find the prompt and the entries.
Today’s prompt is “body” and I can only think of its direct meaning:
My body seems to let me down. It has always felt like that as my body has been invaded so early in my life. My means of survival was to ignore anything body related from pain to pleasure. But was has saved my life 30 years ago is coming back at me now.
I have reached my mid-forties and slowly I have learned to respect that I am not only a soul but a soul that lives a physical experience and that this experience is not only pain. But pain is a major part of the healing process.
Both the psychological pain that often expresses itself in physical pain like my self-harming biting of the inside of my mouth as well as stomach problems, headaches, joint pain….. ah, the list goes on.
And your body changes in your forties. Your hormones prepare yourself for the greater changes coming with menopause and joints and other body parts just do not work like they used to.
Sometimes I wish I would have taken much more care of my body in a much earlier stage in my life. But that is fruitless wishing. I live now and now is the time to make my body the temple it was always supposed to be.
This entry takes part in Linda G Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday “body
If you are tempted to take part: Here are the rules (taken from Linda’s blog)
“1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people will come and read your post! The way to ping back, is to just copy and paste the URL of my post somewhere on your post. Then your URL will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. For example, in your post, you can copy and paste the following:
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has pinged back their post. If you’re the first person to ping back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!” (credit Linda G Hill)