Another Saturday has come and I am glad that I only have to work four hours tomorrow. Then I have a weeks holiday and I clearly need it the way I lagged at work today. My poor co-worker got a lot to do but I guess it will be my turn as well one day. We are all just human.
I nearly decided not to write today but then I thought: “You only live once so better do what you enjoy no matter how tired” and I do enjoy blogging a lot. Even chose it as my “fun fact” on Thursday at the Union training course.
But how on earth do I get to vary or very Linda’s prompt for her Stream of Consciousness Saturday which I encourage you to visit and find more wonderful and creative and spooky and creepy and ….. posts in the comments.
Did I mention I am very tired (gosh I made it…. 😉 ). Well, seems to be my normal state of being anyway so I do not go further into that. Even though I could vary the post just for fun. Maybe about the different states of tiredness from just lightly yawning to falling asleep while reading?
I used to laugh about my grandmother who had her books quite often on her nose when sitting on the sofa and reading. A few years ago it happened to me for the first time (I had always said I could never fall asleep with a book in my hands but that was long before the Kindle 😉 ) and I send her a silent “sorry Oma” up to heaven.
It doesn’t happen very often though. Reading still keeps me rather awake then the other way round. Yawning I do a lot though: from poshly hidden behind my hand to a huge mouth open one in the morning before my cuppa….
Now I lost my train of thought somehow…..
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!