If you don’t know Linda’s “Stream of Consciousness Saturday”, then please check it out. It’s still running!
Even though I have been taking part in Linda’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday many times before I thought it might be a good idea to give a short explanation of “Stream of Consciousness Writing”. Maybe not everybody is familiar with this sort of writing.
It’s actually not tricky: You just write. No plan, no editing just writing what’s there in your mind. The prompt in this case (SoCS = Stream of Consciousness Saturday) guides our Consciousness, and it doesn’t matter if we really end up with using the word “bone” (today’s prompt) or end up somewhere entirely different.
That’s the fun thing of Stream of Consciousness Writing: You never know where you end up :-). Wikipedia doesn’t see it precisely as I do, but it’s probably good to have a look there too :-): Stream of Consciousness (narrative mode).
But enough of the introductions let’s get down to the bone of today’s prompt!
Today’s “Stream of Consciousness Saturday” prompt is “bone.”
When I came to work today, the department was stripped down to the bone. Literally, everybody came shopping today, and hardly anything was left. I was wondering at first if the 3. World War had broken out in those 15 mins that I need to get to work. I go by car, but I never have the radio on so anything could have happened.
Then I remembered: “It’s Father’s Day tomorrow!” Of course!
For the first time in this week, I did not feel tired to the bone after work though. First of all, I only had a 4-hour shift and not a full 8 hours at work. Secondly, late shifts are always less pressured than the mornings no matter how much work is left. And it’s my day off tomorrow (and I’m not even a father lol) so I don’t mind much anyway.
Suddenly other “boney” expressions come to mind, but I somehow leave them a little private. I instead jump directly to the tv series “Bones“. You know it? I do. At least the beginning of the series. Coming out of the closet here means I admit: I used to be a huge “Buffy” and “Angel” fan and as David Boreanaz is part of “Bones” too I couldn’t help myself and had to watch it.
Well, it was easy then because I worked at a DVD rental place and “had” to watch lots of series and movies to be able to advise our customers. That was a chore I can tell you ;-)! A little later, I left though to come to Great Britain, and I somehow lost the plot.
Can’t remember why. I suspect the series wasn’t on telly here and I had other bones to nibble on. And now, to come to a terribly abrupt end, I don’t even nibble on bones anymore: 6 years ago I became a Pescetarian (those who still eat fish but no meat).
That is why I leave you with my revelations to deal with on your own and go and look for some salad or fish bones….. no, not really… never… mind
|Badge by: Doobster @ Mindful Digressions|
How about taking part in “Stream of Consciousness Saturday yourself?
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!