It’s Wednesday again, and this week I’ll be a little lazy. Instead of creating my own poetry prompt, I’ll introduce you to Mad Kane’s Limerick-Off.
Last week’s prompt was pretty somber so I thought it to be a good idea to find a lighter topic. Humour is a brilliant opposite to last week’s deep experiences.
Mad Kane’s Humor Blog & Limerick-Off
Madeleine Kane is an award-winningUS humourist. She writes columns about technology, family, money and more and she is published from “Laughing Matters” to “Jest Patriotic”. I have met her online when I was looking up the what-are and how-to-do limericks for an old poetry blog.
I have taken part twice. However, I realised that limericks are not exactly my cup of tea. They are though a good exercise to get out of my routine and rut.
I invite you to take part.
So I invite you and myself to take part in this week’s limerick-off which means you have a little less time than usual. Mad Kane’s deadline is 10 pm Saturday EST (2am Sunday GMT) and you can find the exact prompt here.
Suggestions on how to take part in “The Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt.”
- Read “The Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt” here on, “The Bee Writes…” on Wednesdays.
- Write your poem as close or far from the prompt as you feel comfortable.
- Post it on your blog or here in the comment section or both (this week also on Mad Kane’s Blog and FB page)
- This week you have time for that until 10 pm Saturday EST (2am Sunday GMT)
- Use “The Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt” picture if you want to
- Go and read another “Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt” Poem from the comments.
- Most of all, have lots of fun.
Now my fellow day jobbers: go, create and have lots of fun!