This week’s prompt is truly a challenge for me. I prefer to write free verse and love to play around with different media to make my verses more interesting.
Metre or rhymes seem too much of a bother for me. However, now and then I challenge myself to try out both and this week was one of those.
Shorter “The Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt” week
I invited you and myself to take part in Mad Kanes Limerick-Off. That means our deadline is 10 pm Saturday (EST) (Sunday 2 am GMT)
She challenged her fellow limerickians to rhyme with the word “jerk”. Please head over to her page if you want to take part.
As I wrote before: Rhymes or metre are not my forte, and so this is the only thing I could manage:
It is not really a perk.
For a vegetarian to eat beef jerk
No chicken or pork nor mutton
Makes the veggie become a glutton
Well, I suspect it’s not great, but ok. I can live with it and maybe will improve it over time.
You like to take part too?
Here some suggestions on how to take part in “The Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt.”
(this week you have to be a bit faster than usual)
- Read “The Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt” here on, “The Bee Writes…” on Wednesdays.
- Write your poem as close or far from the prompt as you feel comfortable.
- Post it on your blog or here in the comment section or both (this week also on Mad Kane’s Blog and FB page)
- This week you have time for that until 10 pm Saturday EST (2 am Sunday GMT)
- Use “The Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt” picture if you want to
- Go and read another “Day Jobbers Essential Poetry Prompt” Poem from the comments.
- Most of all have lots of fun