Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, how has your week been? Have you started a self-improvement book? Has it changed anything? Or have you just been celebrating your improvements this year? No matter what I am glad you here.
I am glad that Carol Ann from the thought-provoking “Therapy Bits” has joined us this week. She has chosen to read Jen Sincero’s “You Are A BadAss…” and I hope she enjoyed it.
For this and next week the format of Music Monday Care & Love will change a little. My husband has a week off work and I have decided to cut down my online time as much as I can. So I have scheduled this week’s and next weeks Music Monday Care & Love posts which means I can’t offer you a shoutout for our fellow self-care explorers nor a summary of mine for next week’s post. I hope you forgive me.
I share though with you a song that changed something in my life. When I met my now husband I was listening a lot to Beyonce’s Halo. It expressed and does express perfectly how I feel about him. 🙂
Also, I do not want to let you go without any self-care challenge next week. So I post one and let you get on with it. I believe you are big girls and boys and can manage without me 😉
Well, this week is break week! Can you believe it? It is already four weeks since the last break week and we are getting closer and closer to autumn. Break week means we are not having any challenge which can be a challenge too.
This week just allow yourself some time to be. Do nothing. Think nothing. Just be. Listen to your breath. Feel the cup of coffee or tea in your hands. Listen to some relaxing music. Indulge yourself in some lovely scents. And for the music part: You choose whichever you like. Just go for it. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences. I will visit you after next week and give you a shout out in the next Music Monday Care & Love post.
SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO TAKE PART IN MUSIC MONDAY CARE & LOVE
- ~ I invite you to appreciate yourself!
- ~ Don’t worry if you are not part since the beginning. You can join anytime! We are looking forward to meeting you!
- ~ Preferably appreciate yourself at the beginning of the week but if that does not fit, feel free to choose another time.
- ~ I invite you to do this with music and to explore a self-care activity
- ~ Feel free to write a blog post about your experiences but it is perfectly fine if you just do it for yourself or if you share in the comments
- ~ Also, feel free to incorporate self-care into your everyday life.
- ~ If you write a post please leave your link here in the comments that we all have the chance to cheer you on!
- ~ Go and visit your fellow self-care explorer’s posts & blogs
- ~ I’ll share a round-up & invitation post with a self-care activity & suggestion on what sort of music to share on Sunday afternoons.
- If you want to share your journey in a more private setting: Feel free to join the Google Group: Music Monday Care & Love
NOW MY DEAR READERS,
have a break, EXPLORE SELF-CARE
AND CREATE LOTS OF LOVE
I am not a health professional. My posts describe my thoughts, my experiences and my conclusions about life, mental health and self-improvement. My described actions always go alongside therapy and do not substitute professional advice by a health professional be it a doctor, therapist or counsellor.
I invite you to try out self-care tools, however, if any of these make you feel uncomfortable please stop and do not go further ahead. Also, if any of the tools suggested bring up issues that need dealing with do not hesitate to reach out for professional help.
To recognise when you need to stop and when to reach out for professional or any other help is one important part to learn when it comes to self-care.
Please look here if you need further guidance: