Hello out there, dear readers, how are you doing? Don’t worry if you aren’t coping that well. We all do at times. That is just the nature of life, I guess. But know you are in my thoughts and prayers and I believe you can manage anything life throws at you.
I have been a bit quiet in recent days and am behind my planned blogging but that is fine. On Monday 11th May 2020 I had my first chemotherapy session which was ok. For the first couple of days I felt well and kept doing what I had planned. But then I got some trouble a lady doesn’t speak of so I spare you the details.
Let’s say I wasn’t at my best and let myself rest and recover as much as I could. It’s hard. I never realised how much I need to learn to take good care of my body. So many things to think about when you have chemotherapy anyway as your immune system is stressed. In COVID-19 times it’s even worse. But the best husband and I decided to take care but not to overdo it.
The weather is beautiful, so I try to go outside daily and do a little gardening. Currently with a pair of gloves under the gardening gloves to avoid any cuts that might get inflamed. I love to pull out weeds with my bare hands to have the feel of the earth (unless its thistles or nettles) but don’t at the moment, and it feels slightly weird. But hey ho, here we go. It won’t be forever, and I will be able to get my hands dirty again.
Unfortunately, for you, my brain is a little boggled with all the chemicals in my body, and that is why today’s “Come Away With Me” is a bit boring. We are in Denmark, a place I have visited a couple of times and love, but that story will have to wait for another day.
The music I am sharing is an artist I have shared before, and I love her music. Her name is Agnes Obel, who creates very atmospheric and experimental pieces of music. I needed to get used to her style at first but am now a huge fan. This song is from her new album and is called “Broken Sleep,” which many of us might be experiencing at the moment.
And if you want to know something about travelling in Denmark please check out Cyranny’s blogs. They are a joy to read and gives you lots of insights into Danish life.
And if you rather like to see some videos about Denmark check these out:
Happy virtual travelling!!!!!
Come Away With Me 2020 Musical Challenge Country for Monday May 25th, 2020
I am taking a rather random route around the world, but sometimes it makes sense. Next week we are going to visit Latvia. Find out about interesting musicians from Lativa on the LastFm page Latvia.
As for the suggestions to take part:
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part. Or leave it at the “Come Away With Me 2020 FB page“
- Tag your post either with ” Come Away With Me Musical Challenge”/ #CoAwWiMeMuCh” / “Come Away with Me 2020 Musical Challenge” o/“CoAwWiMe2020MuCh” / . You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure. If you add #blog and #music with your hashtags it will get you more readers.
- No matter which music or country the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please. This is supposed to be a fun challenge and no chore.
- I post a prompt for the next week with every “Come Away With Me 2020 post” I write.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
Just one more thing before you go: The hospital that is treating me is fundraising for a dedicated breast cancer unit which would allow same-day diagnosis and better premises for patients and staff.
Please, if you can spare a little money hop over to their Just Giving Page and give as little or much as you can. Or share the page on your social media. Your support means a lot to me! Thank you very much.
Thanks my dears, for staying with me until the end. I appreciate your presence. Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!