I feel we humans are the cancer of this planet. This feeling becomes stronger and stronger, and also the knowledge that my/our family’s actions just aren’t enough. I feel guilty towards future generations, but feeling guilty has never helped. Only action helps. So I/we do what we can to save our children’s future, this planet and our species.
Actions you can do today to make a difference:
- Switch off the light when you leave a room
- Turn down your heating/AC or even off
- Wear a sweater instead
- Do a meat-free meal a week
- or even a meat-free week a month
- Use Ecosia as your search engine. TTheygrow trees for you
- Switch from milk to oat milk or other plant-based kinds of milk
- Only have a shower when you are really sweaty/dirty
- Buy in bulk, maybe with your neighbours
- Buy organic ~ it’s not as expensive as you think
- Buy local ~ it’s not as expensive as you think
- Think before you chuck out clear water from cooking or other activities: Can you collect it and re-use it for watering plants for example
- Join 1 Million Women to find more ideas to save this planet
- Join Extinction Rebellion to get the bigger picture
- Only use your washing machine when it’s full
- Use eco-friendly products. There are tons out now
- Grow a tree in your garden or a planter on your window sill
- Grow bee flowers in your garden or in the planter on your window sill
- Drink more water instead of black tea or coffee
- Get creative with saving energy, water, plastic, clothes
Just do one thing today. Then another tomorrow. And another the day after. You do not need to change your whole life in one go. One bit at a time and future generations will thank you! #ActNow #life #SavethePlanetTweet
This is what Extinction Rebellion writes under this video on YouTube
We face an intersection of global crises. Climate breakdown, COVID-19, racial injustice, economic inequality – all are symptoms of a toxic system propped up by corrupt politicians, that is driving us to extinction – a system built on inequality, the destruction of nature, and the exploitation of Black, brown and Indigenous people. We can not carry on like this. The system is broken. It’s 2020. Siberia is burning. Extinction is beckoning – but the Government is looking the other way. Peaceful rebellion is the only option we have before us. Because we want to live.
Join the Rebellion on 1 September, 2020: https://rebellion.earth/uk-rebellion-…
Help XR mobilise and donate here: https://rebellion.earth/donate/
Extinction Rebellion: https://rebellion.earth/
To see more videos by the climate compass team see their youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTl_…
Thanks my dears, for staying with me until the end. I appreciate your presence.
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!