Hello, my lovelies all over the world. You rock! You roll! And please never, never forget that!
Today I am utterly cheating on you. Last Wednesday radiotherapy ended and today is my birthday. So I am celebrating! So instead of reading this poor blog post, please go off the screen and celebrate too.
Dance like no ones watching to celebrate life. Drink your favourite hot beverage to celebrate all the good in your life. And if you feel like it, eat something lovely preferably healthy to celebrate creativity.
And if you then have a little time left, come back and watch the video’s I have chosen to make my point today and to take you away to Serbia. Cause I won’t write much today!!!!
This month I connected my “Come Away with Me” posts with Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I wrote about symptoms of Breast Cancer, Self-examination and risk factors of Breast Cancer. Today I offer some videos and links on how to prevent Breast Cancer. It links in with last weeks post as there are risk factors that you cannot do anything about, and there are risk factors that you can prevent.
The risk factors you can do something about are those which help to prevent Breast Cancer. However, scientists do not know why some people get Breast Cancer, and some don’t. Last week I realised that I did everything that was in my power to prevent getting cancer. It didn’t help not to get it, but it helped me to be more optimistic about getting through all of it.
But I am sure there are many out there who did not get cancer because of preventive action. It isn’t easy to prove that so we just believe that is the cause to encourage you!
Ok, enough said. Here are the videos
And here are some links to find out more:
And now we get away to Serbia.
As you can see, Serbia is like all Balkan countries a complicated one. In my opinion, that means they have a thriving music scene because music often tries to make sense of what is happening in society. I think it also means that there is much music to take your mind away from the problems which creates beautiful music. Maybe my view is a bit one-sided or naive here but make up your mind with my music list.
Please make sure to like the video’s I am curating for you or even sign up for the channels and support their Patreon pages as these creators put in a lot of work and deserve to be compensated one way or the other. Thanks.
And where are we going next week?
Come Away With Me 2020 Musical Challenge Country for Monday, November 2nd, 2020
I am taking a rather random route around the world, but sometimes it makes sense. Next week we venture into Bulgaria. Please find musicians from Bulgaria on the Last FM page.
As for the suggestions to take part:
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. No matter if you have cancer or not! You missed the first week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part. Or leave it at the “Come Away With Me 2020 FB page“
- Tag your post either with ” Come Away With Me Musical Challenge”/ #CoAwWiMeMuCh” / “Come Away with Me 2020 Musical Challenge” o/“CoAwWiMe2020MuCh” / . You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure. If you add #blog and #music with your hashtags it will get you more readers.
- No matter which music or country the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please. This is supposed to be a fun challenge and no chore.
- I post a prompt for the next week with every “Come Away With Me 2020 post” I write.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
I am fundraising for McMillan and you can donate here and download Bees McMillan Coffee Morning German Christmas Download (PDF file) (no it’s not in German but about German recipes and Christmas 😉 ) here: Feel free to download it anyway now that the event has ended.
Just one more thing before you go: The hospital that is treating me is fundraising for a dedicated breast cancer unit which would allow same-day diagnosis and better premises for patients and staff.
Thanks my dears, for staying with me until the end. I appreciate your presence. Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!