Hello everybody, how are you doing? Are you happy to venture out for your Christmas shopping or are you staying in using the internet? And do you enjoy whatever you are doing? I hope you do and you are well.
What’s Happening in Bee’s Life
I have spent the last week sorting our Christmas cards. True to our eco-friendly approach to life, I have used up old cards and created some new ones with whatever material I had. And I tried my hand at drawing 🙂
To be honest I am quite surprised that it came out (not perfect but) acceptable. There are still some to be done and I thought my readers will be pretty busy with preparations so I do a short post with mainly video’s. It might relax you a little too 🙂 . But here some more of our Christmas decorations first:
1. Introduction to Armenia
We have heard a lot about Armenia recently as it is in a longstanding conflict with Azerbaijan which we visit next week. Find out more about it here. But you might also be aware of the Armenian genocide in WW1. Other than that, what do we know about Armenia????
If you wan to know more about Turkeys relationship with its Armenian minority check out Eilif Shafak’s novel “The Bastard of Istanbul“.
2. Not one but three Artists of Armenia
3. Climate Crisis in Armenia
Both “Geography Now’s” and “Connect4Climate’s” videos in the introduction mentioned the climate crisis in Armenia so we conveniently skip this part 🙂
4. Food of Armenia
Not particularly serious today 😉
And just in case you want to cook some too:
5. A Poetess from Armenia
6. Mental Health in Armenia
Warm Hearth an Armenian organisation helping orphans talks in this article about Mental Health in Armenia.
7. Some musicians of Armenia
I hope you forgive me my “cheating” this week but enjoyed the virtual travel anyway.
And where are we going next week?
Come Away With Me 2020 Musical Challenge Country for Monday, December 21st, 2020
I am taking a rather random route around the world, but sometimes it makes sense. Next week we venture further East to Azerbaijan. Please find musicians from Azerbaijan on the Culturetrip Page.
As for the suggestions to take part:
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. No matter if you have cancer or not! You missed the first week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part. Or leave it at the “Come Away With Me 2020 FB page“
- Tag your post either with ” Come Away With Me Musical Challenge”/ #CoAwWiMeMuCh” / “Come Away with Me 2020 Musical Challenge” o/“CoAwWiMe2020MuCh” / . You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure. If you add #blog and #music with your hashtags it will get you more readers.
- No matter which music or country the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please. This is supposed to be a fun challenge and no chore.
- I post a prompt for the next week with every “Come Away With Me 2020 post” I write.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
I am fundraising for McMillan and you can still donate here (UK only until January 2021) and download Bees McMillan Coffee Morning German Christmas Download (PDF file) (no it’s not in German but about German recipes and Christmas )
My goal is 200£ and so far you brilliant people have donated 10£. Thanks!
Just one more thing before you go: The hospital that is treating me is fundraising for a dedicated breast cancer unit which would allow some same-day diagnosis and better premises for patients and staff.
Please, if you can spare a little money hop over to their Just Giving Page and give as little or much as you can. Or share the page on your social media. So far the campaign has raised about half the amount needed: £418,648 of £800,000 (October 2020).
Your support means a lot to me! Thank you very much.
Thanks, my dears, for staying with me until the end.
I appreciate your presence.
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!