Hello my lovelies, how are you? Blimey, we get around with this Love Is In Da Blog. Both in time and space but that’s the fun of it, isn’t it?
I absolutely love your contributions and am very inspired. Even though I feel my creativity goes rather strange and funny ways this year.
So what are we up to today? An epitaph for the poetry and a Bollywood song fitting for the lovers of the Taj Mahal. Grand, don’t you think?
My epitaph is pitiful but I let you know it anyway because hey, there is still a pandemic around and we desperately need something to laugh about. And I happily offer my poetry 😉
Such beauty and joy brings your tomb
we hope it gives love much more room
I think I chose a little better with today’s Bollywood song. Apni Zulfein Hariharan is one of the best known and loved singers in India according to good old Wikipedia. But we know that’s not always correct. Today we simply believe them. He seems to have an outstanding musical career also singing in a band called Colonial Cousins. Yes, I’ve never heard of them either LOL. But they apparently featured on MTV Unplugged in 1996 so maybe we just forgot them???? Who knows 😉
I think Apni Zulfein Hariharan’s version of Taj Mahal is epic and I absolutely love it. Also feels absolutely fitting for this glorious building. Here you go.
I wrote at the beginning that we get around quite a bit in this year’s “Love Is In Da Blog” and I can just repeat it. Tomorrow we are off to Mexico and eccentric couple Frida Kahlo & Diego Rivera. The prompt is:
So please go, create, find and have lots of fun 😉
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 21” or #LoIsInDaBl21. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
Prompt List for Love Is In Da Blog 2021 “Great Love Stories”
- Choose your own
- Romeo & Juliet ~ Find a love song and/or write a Madrigal about them.
- Casablanca ~ Find an unusual version of “As Time Goes By” and/or write an Acrostic with this song title
- Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal (Taj Mahal) ~ Find a Bollywood song and/or write an Epitaph for lovers
- Diego Rivera & Frida Kahlo ~ Find a Jazz love-song and/or write a Contrapuntal poem about Rivera & Kahlo
- Paris & Helen ~ Find a love song of war and/or write an ode to Helen & Paris
- Bonnie & Clyde ~ Find a Blues love song and/or write a Nonet about doomed love
- Choose your own
- The Butterfly Lovers ~ Find a pop love song with a butterfly in it and/or write a Gu Ti poem (second form in the article)
- Johnny Cash & June Carter ~ Find a country love song and/or write a Senryu about love
- Tristan & Iseult ~ Find a love folk song and/or write an Ae Freislighe about love
- Dr Zhivago & Lara ~ Find a “revolutionary” love song and/or write an Onegin Stanza about Zhivago and Lara
- Orpheus & Eurydice ~ Find a singer/songwriter song about love and/or write an Ovillejo poem about love
- Niulang and Zhinu (Cowherd and Weaver Girl) ~ Find a Valentine’s song and/or write a Sijo poem about love.
- Choose your own
- Pretty Woman ~ Find a great opera love song and/or write a Bop poem about Edwards & Vivienne’s love
- Cleopatra & Mark Antony ~ Find a 50’s love song and/or write a Descord Poem about love
- Elizabeth Bennett & Mr. Darcy ~ Find a love themed piece of music from the romantic era and/or write a romantic poem.
- Gertrude Stein and Alice B Toklas ~ Find a chanson about love and/or write a Lai poem about Gertrude & Alice
- Sisi & Franz ~ Find an acapella Love song and/or write a Sestina poem about Sisi & Franz
- Lancelot & Guinevere ~ Find a love rock song and/or write a Hir a Thoddaid poem about love
- Choose your own
- Aragorn and Arwen ~ Find a classical love piece and/or write a poem in your own invented language (With translation please )
- Jackie Kennedy & Aristotle Onassis ~ Find a love song from 1968 and/or write a free verse poem about love
- Hadrian & Antinous ~ Find a metal ballad about love and/or write a Rispetto poem about their love
- Katniss & Peeta ~ Find a love song from the “Hunger Games” films and/or write a Tricubes poem about love
- Dante & Beatrice ~ Find an Italian love song and/or write a Palindrome poem about love
- Clara & Esteban (House of Spirits) ~ Find an exotic love song and/or write a Katauta poem
Just one more thing before you go: The hospital that is treating me is fundraising for a dedicated breast cancer unit which would allow some same-day diagnosis and better premises for patients and staff.
Please, if you can spare a little money hop over to their Just Giving Page and give as little or much as you can. Or share the page on your social media. So far the campaign has raised about half the amount needed: £421,666 of £800,000 (January 2021).
Your support means a lot to me! Thank you very much.
Thanks, my dears, for staying with me until the end.
I appreciate your presence.
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!