Happy Saturday despite everything, dear Love Is In Da Bloggers. Unfortunately, link backs do not work here anymore because my blog is now private. So please leave your links in the comments, otherwise I can’t find your posts. Thanks.
Today we are off to the underworld with Orpheus and his Eurydice:
Choose Your Own.
I loved the Ovillejo way of writing a poem. Might try that one out more often. What did I manage to do?
How to Love
How to find the Love of your life?
Do not strive.
How to keep the love of your life?
Don’t throw the knife.
How to mourn the love of your life?
Let grief be rife.
Love is not easy in our life
but without this force, oh,
we could not thrive, so
Do not strife, don’t throw the knife , let grief be rife.
Wise words even if I say so myself?????? LOL
Music-wise I originally wanted to use Joan Baez’ “I never thought you’d leave in summer” which sounds fitting I feel. However, a German song continuously came to mind: “Ich wollte wie Orpheus singen/I wanted to sing like Orpheus” so I took this as a sign and chose it instead 😉
The song originally is from singer/songwriter Reinhard Mey but this version is lovely too.
Ich wollte wie Orpheus singen ~ Reinhard Mey ~ unofficial translation
Ich wollte wie Orpheus singen/I wanted to sing like Orpheus
Dem es einst gelang/who managed
Felsen selbst zum Weinen zu bringen/to make rocks cry
Durch seinen Gesang/with his songs
Wilde Tiere scharten sich/Wild beasts gathered
Friedlich um ihn her/peacefully around him.
Wenn er über die Saiten strich/When he touched the strings
Schwieg der Wind und das Meer/Wind and sea were silent.
Meine Lieder, die klingen nach Wein/My songs sound like wine
Und meine Stimme nach Rauch/and my voice like smoke.
Mag mein Name nicht Orpheus sein/My name might not be Orpheus
Mein Name gefällt mir auch!/but I like my name too.
Meine Lyra trag‘ ich hin/I carry my lyra
Bring‘ sie ins Pfandleihhaus/to the pawnbrokers.
Wenn ich wieder bei Kasse bin/When I have money again
Lös‘ ich sie wieder aus/I take it back out.
Meine Lieder sing‘ ich Dir/I sing my songs to you
Von Liebe und Ewigkeit/about love and eternity
Und zum Dank teilst du mit mir/and as a thank you you share
Meine Mittelmäßigkeit/my mediocracy.
Kein Fels ist zu mir gekommen/No rock came to me
Mich zu hören, kein Meer!/to hear me neither the sea.
Aber ich hab‘ dich gewonnen/But I got you
Und was will ich noch mehr?!/and what else do I want instead?
And tomorrow we are off to China 😉
Now dear Love Is In Da Bloggers
go, find music, write poetry
and have lots of fun!!!!
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 21” or #LoIsInDaBl21. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
Prompt List for Love Is In Da Blog 2021 “Great Love Stories”
- Choose your own
- Romeo & Juliet ~ Find a love song and/or write a Madrigal about them.
- Casablanca ~ Find an unusual version of “As Time Goes By” and/or write an Acrostic with this song title
- Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal (Taj Mahal) ~ Find a Bollywood song and/or write an Epitaph for lovers
- Diego Rivera & Frida Kahlo ~ Find a Jazz love-song and/or write a Contrapuntal poem about Rivera & Kahlo
- Paris & Helen ~ Find a love song of war and/or write an ode to Helen & Paris
- Bonnie & Clyde ~ Find a Blues love song and/or write a Nonet about doomed love
- Choose your own
- The Butterfly Lovers ~ Find a pop love song with a butterfly in it and/or write a Gu Ti poem (second form in the article)
- Johnny Cash & June Carter ~ Find a country love song and/or write a Senryu about love
- Tristan & Iseult ~ Find a love folk song and/or write an Ae Freislighe about love
- Dr Zhivago & Lara ~ Find a “revolutionary” love song and/or write an Onegin Stanza about Zhivago and Lara
- Orpheus & Eurydice ~ Find a singer/songwriter song about love and/or write an Ovillejo poem about love
- Niulang and Zhinu (Cowherd and Weaver Girl) ~ Find a Valentine’s song and/or write a Sijo poem about love.
- Choose your own
- Pretty Woman ~ Find a great opera love song and/or write a Bop poem about Edwards & Vivienne’s love
- Cleopatra & Mark Antony ~ Find a 50’s love song and/or write a Descord Poem about love
- Elizabeth Bennett & Mr. Darcy ~ Find a love themed piece of music from the romantic era and/or write a romantic poem.
- Gertrude Stein and Alice B Toklas ~ Find a chanson about love and/or write a Lai poem about Gertrude & Alice
- Sisi & Franz ~ Find an acapella Love song and/or write a Sestina poem about Sisi & Franz
- Lancelot & Guinevere ~ Find a love rock song and/or write a Hir a Thoddaid poem about love
- Choose your own
- Aragorn and Arwen ~ Find a classical love piece and/or write a poem in your own invented language (With translation please )
- Jackie Kennedy & Aristotle Onassis ~ Find a love song from 1968 and/or write a free verse poem about love
- Hadrian & Antinous ~ Find a metal ballad about love and/or write a Rispetto poem about their love
- Katniss & Peeta ~ Find a love song from the “Hunger Games” films and/or write a Tricubes poem about love
- Dante & Beatrice ~ Find an Italian love song and/or write a Palindrome poem about love
- Clara & Esteban (House of Spirits) ~ Find an exotic love song and/or write a Katauta poem
Just one more thing before you go: The hospital that is treating me is fundraising for a dedicated breast cancer unit which would allow some same-day diagnosis and better premises for patients and staff.
Please, if you can spare a little money hop over to their Just Giving Page and give as little or much as you can. Or share the page on your social media. So far the campaign has raised about half the amount needed: £421,666 of £800,000 (January 2021).
Your support means a lot to me! Thank you very much.
Thanks, my dears, for staying with me until the end.
I appreciate your presence.
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!