Hello out there, are you rocking and rolling? I certainly seem to roll back to my childhood (again 🙂 ). Probably a side-effect of my age. At 50 you probably want to know where you are coming from. What do you think?
You might not know it but Hadrian build a wall in Germany too. It’s called the Limes Germanicus or short Limes and I grew up on the roman side of that wall. There was a Roman Fort where my grandmother used to live and as young people school took us there to find out more. Apparently it was the biggest in the area and you can still see the foundations. We also visited a reconstruction of the Limes close by. I am not sure how the English Hadrian’s Wall was built but in Germany it seemed to have been one long and huge wooden fence with some watch towers.
But today is not about Hadrian’s building activities but about his love life. Looks like he had a love of his life which ended rather tragically. Antinous is said to have killed himself to keep his lover safe. If that is not true love I do not know what is. But you can find out more at the link in the prompt:
Choose Your Own.
I found this interesting love metal ballad and if a band is called Red Earth I have to choose it 😉
There was a lot of counting syllables and rhyming in today’s poetry form the Rispetto and this is my first try of one:
Hadrian & Antinous
These two men felt affection and love rose.
Together they travelled many a city.
However, often as much troubled fate goes
So great love and affection does go to pity.
The beautiful young man dies in the deep Nile.
Some might say it was a crime terribly vile.
But it was Hadrian’s reputations gain.
He won the people’s favour despite the pain.
Well, it was worth a try. Maybe I work on my handwriting so I can actually read what I rhymed 😉
Never mind. Let’s check out tomorrow’s prompt:
Choose Your Own
Now dear Love Is In Da Bloggers
go, find music, write poetry
and have lots of fun!!!!
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not always work so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 21” or #LoIsInDaBl21. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before which is connected with the music for that day so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
Prompt List for Love Is In Da Blog 2021 “Great Love Stories”
- Choose your own
- Romeo & Juliet ~ Find a love song and/or write a Madrigal about them.
- Casablanca ~ Find an unusual version of “As Time Goes By” and/or write an Acrostic with this song title
- Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal (Taj Mahal) ~ Find a Bollywood song and/or write an Epitaph for lovers
- Diego Rivera & Frida Kahlo ~ Find a Jazz love-song and/or write a Contrapuntal poem about Rivera & Kahlo
- Paris & Helen ~ Find a love song of war and/or write an ode to Helen & Paris
- Bonnie & Clyde ~ Find a Blues love song and/or write a Nonet about doomed love
- Choose your own
- The Butterfly Lovers ~ Find a pop love song with a butterfly in it and/or write a Gu Ti poem (second form in the article)
- Johnny Cash & June Carter ~ Find a country love song and/or write a Senryu about love
- Tristan & Iseult ~ Find a love folk song and/or write an Ae Freislighe about love
- Dr Zhivago & Lara ~ Find a “revolutionary” love song and/or write an Onegin Stanza about Zhivago and Lara
- Orpheus & Eurydice ~ Find a singer/songwriter song about love and/or write an Ovillejo poem about love
- Niulang and Zhinu (Cowherd and Weaver Girl) ~ Find a Valentine’s song and/or write a Sijo poem about love.
- Choose your own
- Pretty Woman ~ Find a great opera love song and/or write a Bop poem about Edwards & Vivienne’s love
- Cleopatra & Mark Antony ~ Find a 50’s love song and/or write a Descord Poem about love
- Elizabeth Bennett & Mr. Darcy ~ Find a love themed piece of music from the romantic era and/or write a romantic poem.
- Gertrude Stein and Alice B Toklas ~ Find a chanson about love and/or write a Lai poem about Gertrude & Alice
- Sisi & Franz ~ Find an acapella Love song and/or write a Sestina poem about Sisi & Franz
- Lancelot & Guinevere ~ Find a love rock song and/or write a Hir a Thoddaid poem about love
- Choose your own
- Aragorn and Arwen ~ Find a classical love piece and/or write a poem in your own invented language (With translation please )
- Jackie Kennedy & Aristotle Onassis ~ Find a love song from 1968 and/or write a free verse poem about love
- Hadrian & Antinous ~ Find a metal ballad about love and/or write a Rispetto poem about their love
- Katniss & Peeta ~ Find a love song from the “Hunger Games” films and/or write a Tricubes poem about love
- Dante & Beatrice ~ Find an Italian love song and/or write a Palindrome poem about love
- Clara & Esteban (House of Spirits) ~ Find an exotic love song and/or write a Katauta poem
Just one more thing before you go: The hospital that treated me for breast cancer in 2020 is fundraising for a dedicated breast cancer unit which would allow some same-day diagnosis and better premises for patients and staff.
Please, if you can spare a little money hop over to their Just Giving Page and give as little or much as you can. Or share the page on your social media. So far the campaign has raised about half the amount needed: £421,666 of £800,000 (January 2021).
Your support means a lot to me! Thank you very much.
Thanks, my dears, for staying with me until the end.
I appreciate your presence.
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!