Hello dear people of the blogosphere, how are your rolling? Or are you rocking? I am sleeping as I publish my posts rather early in a UK day (1am) but soon I am going to work. And it is a bank holiday here in the UK. I hope you have something nice planned as I made a shorter post than usual to not stop you from enjoying yourself.
Well, sorry if you do not live in the UK and today is simply another Monday coming your way. Maybe virtually visiting an exciting country makes it a little better?
We are off to Belize today. To make things easier for all of us I only created one playlist and put all video (from introduction to music) in it. That saves me a little time writing this post (I misorganised myself utterly 😉 ) and you a little time finding out about this exciting country.
Belize is not an island as I thought but part of Central America. However, it seems to be closer connected to the Caribbean Islands than to its direct neighbours Mexico and Guatemala. Guatemala thinks Belize should be part of its territory but I think they are both rather cool about it. I don’t know where to start when telling you about the crazy things in Belize. Oh, crazy in a good way: Lots of forest. Yes, about 60% of the country is forest and most of it untouched. That gives flora and fauna a brilliant haven to survive all that threatens it. It has German speaking Mennonites living there who can be black. Yes, Belize people are quite cool even though not all would love to keep away from modern gadgets. There are also Mayan’s. But I think most think of themselves as Mestizo. Belize has the second largest coral reef in the world and speaks mainly English instead of the usual Spanish from surrounding countries. Well, they speak Spanish too. Oh, I am rambling. Let’s have a look and enjoy a virtual holiday until we can go on a proper one. Please forgive the adverts in the videos. The creators need to earn a living and that is their way. Also I have no rights to the videos. I just share 😉
Happy Monday to you all despite everything 🙂
What do you think of the “one video list approach”? Do you prefer it or do you like my “normal” format more?
And where are we going next week?
Come Away With Me 2021 Musical Challenge Country for Monday, May10th, 2021
I am taking a rather random route around the world, but sometimes it makes sense. Next week we venture to Jamaica a country that I somehow only connect with rum 😉 . Please find musicians from Jamaica on the Worldmusic.net page.
As for the suggestions to take part:
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first year? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not work because my blog is now private so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part. Or leave it at the “Come Away With Me 2021 FB page“
- Tag your post either with ” Come Away With Me Musical Challenge”/ #CoAwWiMeMuCh” / “Come Away with Me 2021 Musical Challenge” o/“CoAwWiMe2021MuCh” / . You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure. If you add #blog and #music with your hashtags it will get you more readers.
- No matter which music or country the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please. This is supposed to be a fun challenge and no chore.
- I post a prompt for the next week with every “Come Away With Me 2021 post” I write.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
Just one more thing before you go: The hospital that is treating me is fundraising for a dedicated breast cancer unit which would allow some same-day diagnosis and better premises for patients and staff.
Please, if you can spare a little money hop over to their Just Giving Page and give as little or much as you can. Or share the page on your social media. So far the campaign has raised about half the amount needed: £449,735 of £800,000 (April 2021).
Your support means a lot to me! Thank you very much.
Thanks, my dears, for staying with me until the end.
I appreciate your presence.
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember that you rock!