Please keep in mind, that ping-backs do not work on my blog. Please, share your links in the comments. Thanks!
It is interesting what we consider “home” and which songs we choose 🙂
For today’s prompt “A Love Song To Your Home” I chose a funny song from a Swabian artist so I’ll add a translation of the lyrics to the end. Wolle Kriwanek was a blues and rock musician who made fun of many of the Swabian idiosyncracies like Swabian housewives are dragons who save wherever they can or the love of the Swabians for “Their car”: The Mercedes. I have just recently started to think more about the place I come from and it’s connection to where I am now. I was astonished to find out that the Celts weren’t only in the UK or Ireland but stretched over Europe to Turkey. A mountain close to where I was born was one of the Celts centres.
The Swabians are known for their love of their dialect as well as being clever inventors. So a couple of years ago a slogan was invented: “We can do everything besides speaking High German”. In this song Wolle Kriwanek makes out even aliens speak Swabian LOL. Enjoy even though you do not understand 😉
(Please click on the link in the description of the video, if you can’t see it on the blog. It’ll lead to it’s YouTube location)
U.F.O. SONGTEXT (via Songtexte.com with unofficial translation by me)
I denk mr garnix beim spaziere (I don’t think anything while going for a walk),
Was ko om zehne scho passiere (What can happen at ten at night?)
Des isch ja mitte en dr Nacht. (Schubidua wa Uuh) (That’s in the middle of the night)
Ond plötzlich hör I so a Klirra, (Suddenly I hear a clanking)
Ond in dr Luft fängts a zom Schwirra, (and a buzz starts in the air)
Ond uff oimal hat′s au furchtbar g’kracht. (and suddenly there is a loud crash)
Was isch denn des, was isch denn des, (What is this? What is this?)
Ja was han I denn do g′sähe? (What on Earth have I seen there?)
Gugug I han a UFO g’sähe (Look, look I’ve seen a UFO)
Gugug dort über’m Wald isch′s gwäe (Look, look it was over the forest)
Gugug I han a Ufo g′sähe (Look, look I’ve seen a UFO)
Ganz deutlich ond au ziemlich lang.(Dubdudumdumdum) (Very clear and pretty long)
Der Flieger schwebt jetzt en mei Richtung (The vessel now hovers in my direction)
Ond er landet en dr Lichtung, (And lands in the clearing)
Ond zwei grüne Männle steiged aus. (And two little green men came out)
Der oine moint: “Ach isch der niedlich, (One says: Oh this one is cute)
Ond hoffentlich isch der au friedlich.” (And I hope he is peaceful)
Desgleiche hen I mir dabei au denkt. (I thought exactly the same)
Oinr macht für d’ Zeitung Bilder, (One takes pictures for the newspaper)
Weil er mohnt, I ben en Wilder, (because he thinks I am a barbarian)
Ond na will er no a Interview. (and then he wants an interview)
I sprech hochdeutsch was I koa (I speak high German as much as I can)
Do schwätzt mi oi Männle a (when one of the little men says)
“Mensch schwätz weitr Schwäbisch wie mir au.” (Please, speak Swabian like we do)….
I keep my post short as you know we are busy down sizing. So here is tomorrow’s prompt:
Tomorrow on February 3rd you can find a
A Love Song from February 3rd, 1922
You do not need to use this link. Please feel free to find any you like. And it can be any song from February 1922 as it is difficult to pin down exact dates.
And just to remind you here are the suggestions on how to take part and all prompts:
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! The ping-back option does not work as my blog is private so please leave a link in the comments of the post on the day you take part.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or “LoIsInDaBl” or “Love Is In Da Blog 22” or #LoIsInDaBl22. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which music the prompt favours you create with it whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended 😉 ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- I post the prompt post the day before so you have some time to make up your mind and create your post. There won’t be two different posts and I hope it’s not too confusing.
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts.
If you also like to write a poem to the prompts feel free to do so 🙂
Prompt List for Love Is In Da Blog 2022 “A Very Random Challenge”
- Choose your own
- A Love Song to your home
- A Love Song from February 3rd, 1922
- A Love Song with A Boat in it
- A Love Song from February 5th, 1932
- A Love Song from an artist born on February 6th
- A Love Song from February 7th, 1942
- Choose your own
- A Love Song from February 9th, 1952
- A Love Song, that isn’t a Love Song, but you think it’s a Love Song 😉
- A Love Song from February 11th, 1962
- A Love Song to yourself
- A Love Song from February 13th, 1972
- A Valentine’s Love Song
- Choose your own
- A Love Song from February 16th, 1982
- A Strange Love Song
- A Love Song from February 18th, 1992
- A foreign Love Song
- A Love Song from February 20th, 2002
- An A Capella Love Song
- Choose your own
- A Love Song from February 23rd, 2012
- A Love Song Without Words
- A Love Song from February 25th, 2022
- A Love Song for what is dear to you
- A Random Love Song
- Choose Your own
Let’s do this and have some fun 🙂
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember you are loved!