Hello, dear readers. May you have a happy Saturday despite everything. I promised you another Eurovision Song Contest Song post and this time I do not disappoint you 😂.
Yesterday, I let you in on the diversity of music that takes part. You might wo der why countries outside geographical Europe are taking part. I looked it up and this post by Eurovoix from last year explains it quite well. In short though the Eurovision Song Contest gets it participants from the European Broadcasting Area and associated broadcasters.
The European Broadcasting Area is much bigger than geographical Europe. That is why, for example Israel takes part for years. Unfortunately, many Arab countries in the area do not take part because of this which I find rather sad. We are missing a lot of great artists this way. Well, here fits the prejudice of it being too political.
The Australian Broadcaster is associated with the European Broadcasting System hence they are a part too. If they were ever to win they would co-present the next Eurovision in a European country. This video explains a little what it is all about…
OK, enough explanations. What are my top five Eurovision 2022 songs?
5. Bulgaria’s entry “Intention”. I suspect they are right when they say “safety is an illusion”
4. North Macedonia’s entry. I love the intensity of the singer. And her eye make-up 🙃:
3. Australia’s entry “Not The Same” by Sheldon Riley is a very personal and inspired by the singers experiences of being diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome as a six year old. I think the performance is quite intense.
2. I found Estonia’s entry rather surprising because it has a country vibe. But it’s about hope and man & woman do we need hope in these dark times.
1. There are a couple more songs I really like but this one is my absolute favorite: Malta’s Emma Muscat who sadly didn’t make it to the Finale:
So that’s it for this year. I bothered you enough with the Eurovision Song Contest. Or have I made you curious?
Please stay safe, stay kind and keep listening to 🎶 music 😇