Hello fellow poets, bloggers & readers. One of the few things we have power over is what we put in our mouths.
But it seems to be one of the most difficult things to change your diet. We had about two years of transitioning period until we managed to go vegan.
And I still stumble over stuff. For example, I bought croissants not thinking that they are made with butter or I opened a box of cookies in one of the Air B&B’s which contained butter too. Duh BEE!!!! 😎
However, being vegan could be the easiest way of reducing your carbon footprint as this article in “The Big Issue” explains. It also explains what Veganuary is and where you can find recipes and guidance.
We have not regretted a moment to go vegan. Firstly it’s so easy to make stuff like oat milk. You never run out of milk no matter the weather or the pandemic.
Secondly, you do not need to refrigerate as much saving you space and money. It’s mainly meat and dairy products that need a fridge.
And it saves you money anyway because contrary to public thinking veg is a lot cheaper than meat. So are pulses and margerine.
And boy are vegan dishes delicious. Just check out “Fit Green Vegan Mind” on Instagram or “My Quiet Kitchen’s” blog.
I encourage you to try vegan food out in 2023. You only know, if you like it or not if you try it. So go on: you know you want to!!!! 😁
Just do it this year
Skip the meat, dairy, and fish
And the future will thank you
Please stay safe, stay kind and remember to try a vegan dish!
(No, I do not rub it in 😂)
- Shuperb Veganuary Survival kit
- Vegan Life Mag Veganuary Survival kit (Tofoo is a great tofu. We tried it!)
- The Big Vegan Cheese Making Kit (we tried it too. It’s so much fun and delicious)
- Vegconomist on Veganuary’s Vegan Kit
- The Guardian on Going Vegan
- George Monbiot: The Day I became Vegan
- Goerge Monbiot: It Keeps Me Awake At Night/ Animal Agriculture is the new crude oil (Novara Media)
- DW: Why Do Humans Eat Meat?
- Novara Media: Should we all go vegan?